Sunday School is extremely vital in the overall growth of the church. Some people question the importance of Sunday School, but without Sunday School you elimintate the practical teachings of the WORD of GOD, consequently destroying the life-line of growing the church and ministries.
Sunday School has been around for decades. Most churches still have a functioning Sunday School. However, many questions have been raised as to the validity of Sunday School in an ever-changing world.
Questions such as…
- What is the benefit of a Sunday School ministry in a local church?
- What role does Sunday School play in the context of the church’s ministry?
- Does Sunday School fulfill a vital function in helping the church reach it’s mission?
- Does Sunday School still have relevancy in the 21st century?
These questions beg to see the context of Sunday School in the contemporary church. I want to give you six reasons why Sunday School is still relevant, vital, and needed.
- Sunday School gives the church’s DNA a natural, functional, practical expression.
- Mission is best accomplished in the context of small groups.
• Any mission is best accomplished in a setting of small groups of people. This gives everyone an opportunity for input.
- Sunday School equips the saints to do the work of the ministry.
• Ephesians 4:11-12 is God’s formula for church growth. “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.”
• We have not found a better way to “equip the saints,” or do “the work of the ministry,” or “edify the body of Christ” than Sunday School.
• Sunday School puts people to work doing the ministry, exercising their spiritual gifts, and empowering them with ministry like nothing else. Therefore, Sunday School is in the business of edifying the people of God like nothing else. This ought to cause many to rise up and champion her cause!
- Sunday School develops leadership for the church.
• If you were to eliminate Sunday School you would see a gradual decline in workers being produced in other ministries as well.
• Sunday School is the foundational ministry from which other ministries are able to spin off.
- Sunday School gives children a small group experience. Major concerns for cell churches.
• Many do not provide a small group experience for children.
• Many do not provide an opportunity for a family worship experience.
- Sunday School mobilizes the church for evangelism.
• Evangelism can best take place in Sunday School.
A play off the word "Evangelism", Frangelism is a way to invite your friend, relative, associate or neighbor to Sunday School every 4th Sunday. This effort was put in place to increase our Sunday School attendance and show the importance of these small group/class sessions. If you haven't already started "frangelizing", please help us with this effort. Let's show just how much a Blessing attending Sunday School will be!
Iron Sharpens Iron
Every 5th Sunday we combined classes to share the Word of GOD. This is a great time for a diverse, but biblical aspects on the lesson being discussed. It's always a good thing to get input from different age ranges regarding experiences with the Word of GOD.
- Sis. Holmes/Sis. McCray Class
- Bro. Dorsey/Bro. Murphy Class
- Sis. Cannon/Sis. Dorsey Class
Sis. Yvette Hurst
Sunday School Superintendent
january 17, 2022 - january 23, 2022
- oct 25, 2021 - oct 31, 2021
- nov 01, 2021 - nov 07, 2021
- nov 08, 2021 - nov 14, 2021
- nov 15, 2021 - nov 21, 2021
- nov 22, 2021 - nov 28, 2021
- nov 29, 2021 - dec 05, 2021
- dec 06, 2021 - dec 12, 2021
- dec 13, 2021 - dec 19, 2021
- dec 20, 2021 - dec 26, 2021
- dec 27, 2021 - jan 02, 2022
- jan 03, 2022 - jan 09, 2022
- jan 10, 2022 - jan 16, 2022
- jan 17, 2022 - jan 23, 2022
- jan 24, 2022 - jan 30, 2022
- jan 31, 2022 - feb 06, 2022
- feb 07, 2022 - feb 13, 2022
- feb 14, 2022 - feb 20, 2022
- feb 21, 2022 - feb 27, 2022
- feb 28, 2022 - mar 06, 2022
- mar 07, 2022 - mar 13, 2022
- mar 14, 2022 - mar 20, 2022
- mar 21, 2022 - mar 27, 2022
- mar 28, 2022 - apr 03, 2022
- apr 04, 2022 - apr 10, 2022
- apr 11, 2022 - apr 17, 2022